December 03, 2011, 11:33:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Home of Independent and Unsigned Artists

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Live Chat   Tune in: Listen w/ Realplayer Listen w/ Media Player Listen w/ Winamp Listen w/ Quicktime  Current DJ: Awesome Radio: Indie Showcase with Mozart on www.awesomeradio.net (WARNING! May Contain Adult Content!) Streaming at: 80 kbps  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lori Greco - Waiting Review  (Read 632 times)
Shashona
Its all about getting the music out there!
Administrator

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
Lori Greco - Waiting Review
« on: September 09, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »

Lori Greco - Waiting Review

www.lorigreco.com
www.myspace.com/lorigreco
www.facebook.com/lorigreco/#!/Lorigreco
www.itunes.apple.com/au/album/waiting/id411598717

Genre: Pop, Country, Soundtracks, Film Music
Record label: Independent
Type of label: Indie
Waiting Album released: 2007

Produced by: Lori Greco, Justin Florrison, Eric Greco
Engineered & Mixed: Justin Florrison
Recorded: Eastman Studios, Perth Australia
Mastered: James Hewgill, James Hewgill Studios, Perth Australia
All Music & Lyrics by Lori Greco except
"Fire": Music & Lyrics by Lori Greco and Eric Greco
"Waiting": Music done by Lori & Eric Greco. Lyrics by Lori Greco

Lori Greco: Lead vocals and backing harmonies, piano.
"Everytime, I'll Be There, Missing You, On My Way Home, Everything Is Alright,
Waiting and Take It Or Leave It"

Justin Florrison: Arranger, Drum Programming, Percussion, Keyboard, Strings, Piano.
"Fire, Sail Away, Latin Lullaby, On My Way Home, Broken Heart, Papa's Eyes"

Mick Gledinning: Bass
"Everything Is Alright, Broken Heart, Missing You"

Kari Florrison: Bass
"Fire, Sail Away, Everytime, On My Way Home, I'll Be There, Waiting, Take It Or Leave It, Papa's Eyes"

Mike Gorman: Guitar on all songs except "Missing You"
Eric Greco: Backing vocals, guitar on "Missing You"
Paul Millard: Saxophone On "Fire, On My Way Home"

Waiting Track list:
1 - Take It Or Leave It
2 - Fire
3 - Papa's Eyes
4 - Broken Heart
5 - Everytime
6 - Everything Is Alright
7 - I'll Be There
8 - On My Way Home
9 - Missing You
10 - Latin Lullaby
11 - Sail Away
12 - Waiting

Lori Greco has reached one of those shining lights we all strive to attaine. "Waiting" was released in 2007 and still, today is a remarkable gift. This dynamic Australian beauty has the world in her palm. Lori Greco has a vocal range that is absolutely stunning. Her voice melts the most brittle of hearts. Each note evokes emotions and depth only a prized few can achieve.

The lyrics in this beautiful album, "Waiting", are strong, well thought out and flow easily. Each song takes the listener into a magical world filled with tales of love, life, emotion and experiences. This truly is a work of art and a pure joy to listen to. The construction of each verse, the ease of each chorus is breathtaking. These songs are impeccable.

Lori Greco has some masterful musicians working on this album, without a doubt. The instrumentation is astounding. Each track has been done to perfection. Kudos to all. And wasn't the saxophone a wonderful treat! Lori Greco plays that piano like it was attached to her at birth. Beautifully orchestrated.
The production is exceptional. Mixing, mastering, recording all top notch. "Waiting" is a glowing example of how an album should sound. The expertise of these talented individuals shine through on this entire album. Stellar work!

The three tracks I have set aside are: (I cannot even begin to convey how difficult this was, as they all could have easily made these 3 spots)

1. Fire - This track highlights Lori Greco's sensual, sexy vocals and grabs your attention from the hop. It is about the realization that someone loves you. Just when you gave up and felt unworthy. Many people can relate to those words. The song is very well written and masterfully executed. I loved the saxophone in this track, it was definitely the icing on the cake. But I must say, the scat Lori Greco does at the end of the track was a delightful surprise.

2. I'll Be There - Lori Greco sings this from her toes. Lori's gorgeous voice will stay with you for hours after the song is over. It is beautifully orchestrated matching the strong lyrics. The piano is the backbone on this track. Absolutely breathtaking. This song touched my soul. It has all the markings of a song you will carry all your life.

3. Latin Lullaby - I loved the entire feel of this song. The instrumentation raises the bar, simply mesmerizing. Lori Greco nails the vocals as only she can. You will find yourself swept away in the song. It is a feel good song to remember.

As you can see, Lori Greco and her album "Waiting" has impressed me immensely. This is a superb body of work. From the vocals to the instrumentation and back to mixing, mastering, recording, this album has it all. It holds within its cover something for everyone, upbeat tempo's, ballads, songs to make you smile and songs to make you emotional. Brilliant work by brilliant individuals. Well done!!

And that's just how I see it
                                                       Shashona McCall
                                                        Indie Showcase
                                                   indieshowcase.net
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:14:49 AM by Shashona » Logged

Yours in the music
Shashona - Indie Showcase
indieshowcase.net
www.myspace.com/indishowcase
http://www.reverbnation.com/#/fan/indieshowcase
www.facebook.com/indie.showcase
http://twitter.com/IndiShowcase
Check out Our Indie Showcase Store. All proceeds go to the operation of Indie Showc
Angel_John - Indie Showcase Ambassador
Global Moderator

United States United States

View Profile
Re: Lori Greco - Waiting Review
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:44:11 PM »

Great CD, "Waiting" which has 12 beautiful tracks.  Looking forward to Lori's up and coming show on Indie Showcase as I know it will be awereview of Lori Greco, as she truly is a gifted singer/song writer.  I have been following Lori for some time and have her some & beautiful.  I know Lori is working on a new CD and I can't wait until it is released.  I am very excited that Lori will be doing a show in the near future.

John Breckenridge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: