July 30, 2013, 08:41:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Indie Showcase :: The home of The Indie Artists.
No.1 for Indie Artists.

Home Schedule Listen Now Chatroom   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Podcasts Contact Us Login Register  
Live Chat   Tune in: Listen w/ Realplayer Listen w/ Media Player Listen w/ Winamp Listen w/ Quicktime  Current DJ: Awesome Radio: Indie Showcase with Mozart on www.awesomeradio.net (WARNING! May Contain Adult Content!) Streaming at: 96 kbps  
Linked Events
  • Artist's Corner: Eric Hansen: May 02, 2013
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artist's Corner: Eric Hansen Joins Skys  (Read 144 times)
Skys
Administrator

Canada Canada

View Profile WWW
Artist's Corner: Eric Hansen Joins Skys
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:06:58 PM »

Artist's Corner: Eric Hansen

We are very excited to have Eric Hansen join us for an Artist's Corner right here on Indie Showcase!!! It is
going to be a show not to missed! It is our great privilege to have his company so soon after his surgery!
I hope to see everyone in the chat room!!!

Date and Times:
Thursday, May 2, 2013 @ 6:00 PM MST Tucson, AZ, USA  
Thursday, May 2, 2013 @ 7:00 PM MDT Calgary, AB, CDA
Thursday, May 2, 2013 @ 9:00 PM EDT New York, NY, USA
Friday, May 3, 2013 @ 12:00 PM ADT Sydney, NSW, AU
Friday, May 3, 2013 @ 9:00 AM WST Perth, WA, AU
Friday, May 3, 2013 @ 1:00 AM GMT London, ENG, UK

For those who's time zones are not listed you can use the world clock to find out the times in your areas - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

Here's a little info on Eric Hansen:

~Singer, songwriter, vocal coach, music director and producer~

I am Eric Hansen born October 6th 1956 at 8:48 a.m. in St. James Hospital Chicago Heights Illinois to Robert Hansen and Priscilla Stanczak. I have three beautiful sisters: Laura, Christina and Deanna. I live in Tucson, AZ.

I was the most beautiful child you have ever seen. He, he, he! I loved Cowboy Boots and toy guns. They tell me I never banged on the piano, but always made up little tunes. At nine I picked up my first guitar because I wanted to be like my very cool cousin, Rick Hansen and amazingly enough, stuck with the guitar and now I am a professional singer/songwriter.

Discography

1997 Lucky

2000 Real Slow

2002 Hero In The Dark

2002 Nobody Knows…. music for kids of all ages, shapes & sizes

2004 A Lover’s Lullaby

2007 My Medicine

I went to Chicago Musical College which did not agree with me and happily discovered the theatre department which began a 17 year career in the theatre in Chicago and New York.

In 1994 I decided to focus solely on my first love; playing guitar, writing songs and singing. I traveled the country playing music wherever people would listen for many years until it was a bit too challenging for my lungs*. I’m currently the musical director of the Sonoran Center for Spiritual Living, I teach voice and play locally when the occasion arises.

What is my dream? I am living my dream every day. I make my living with my guitar, voice and my songs. I get to inspire and lift the human spirit through my work. I get to help people find their singing voices and watch their dreams come to fruition. What inspires me: Anyone who is very good at what they do and anyone who helps disadvantaged and abused children. The sun, moon and stars, the mountains, the singing birds, anything that grows and people who persevere even with great challenges.

*In 1996 I was diagnosed with a very rare congenital lung disease called Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. I was mis-diagnosed for over ten years (very common). When I was finally diagnosed correctly in 1996, I had about 40% lung function left. It just so happened, that Mom and Dad were carriers, but did not have the disease directly. Yes, there are challenges and I do my best to do my best and I can still sing like a bird.

Official Sites: www.erichansen.net,
www.justsingthesong.com, www.facebook.com/Erichansensingersongwriter,
www.reverbnation.com/c./poni/185652473,
 and http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/t7p1/erichansensnewlungsnewlife

We hope to see you all there!!!
 Skys, Rogue and the Indie Showcase Team
indieshowcase.net
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:09:18 PM by Skys » Logged

Skys
Eleena Whitney
IndieShowcase
indieshowcase.net