November 02, 2014, 06:09:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Indie Showcase :: The home of The Indie Artists.
No.1 for Indie Artists.

Home Schedule Listen Now Chatroom   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Podcasts Contact Us Login Register  
Live Chat   Tune in: Listen w/ Realplayer Listen w/ Media Player Listen w/ Winamp Listen w/ Quicktime  Current DJ: N/A Streaming at: N/A  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandbox Theory - Mandelbrot Album Review  (Read 884 times)
Shashona
Its all about getting the music out there!
Administrator

Australia Australia

Indie Showcase & Awesomeradio.net ROCKS

View Profile WWW
Sandbox Theory - Mandelbrot Album Review
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »

Sandbox Theory - Mandelbrot Album Review

http://www.sandboxtheory.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/sandboxtheory9
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandbox/11651294785

Wyong NSW Australia

Rock, Electronica, Pop

Mandelbrot
Released: 2012
Proudly Produced Independently in Australia

Sandbox Theory is a Music & Graphical Concept
Created and Produced by Steve Maher.

Vocalists & Musicians:
Steve Maher: Vocals/Guitars/Keyboards/Lyrics
Jason Dallas Stenning: Vocals/Lyrics
Oliver Spencer: Vocals/Lyrics
David Pardy: Drums
Ian Smith: Guest Guitar
Shawn Lidster: Guitar
Brenton White: Guitar
Rick Turk: Keyboards
Additional vocals on Warmonger: Hanna McCormack & Christine Maher

Directed & Mixed: by Steve Maher
Co-Director: Rick Turk
Recorded & Mixed: Sandbox Studio & BigEars Music NSW
Mastered: Don Bartley at Benchmark Mastering Sydney

Mandelbrot Track List:
1 - Griever
2 - Warmonger
3 - Red Soul
4 - Phreaks
5 - Gods Vacation
6 - Mandelbrot
7 - Sandbox/The Hub
8 - Silcone Soldier

In the ever changing and evolving mind of Steve Maher and Sandbox Theory, a journey, a concept has begun. Mandelbrot was released just this year, 2012. It is the second album in this journey, the first being Sandbox in 2009. This is where the concept and story begins. Mandelbrot has 8 well written and orchestrated tracks, that will gain the attention of even the most cynical of listeners. Mandelbrot is at times, complex but it quickly becomes addictive. These songs will make you involuntarily tap along, even head bop to. Not since the high days of Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel and Bowie have I been this impressed with an album.

I found myself having a few "Ahh-haa" moments through the album. The lyrics are just stellar. Each track holds your attention fast and hard. They paint a picture in your mind. Truthful at times to the point of bluntness but nothing we all haven't thought at one time or another. I am impressed very much with songs that make a point. Sandbox Theory's  "Mandelbrot" is like taking a trip into a magnificent land of sights and sounds. Your mind will be taken away, deep within its instrumentation and superior vocal styles. Hypnotic.
Absolutely mind blowing.

The level of expertise shown by each these fine musicians is evident on the Sandbox Theory's "Mandelbrot" album. The recording, mixing, mastering and production is top notch, leaving the vocals pure. Steve Maher, Jason Dallas Stenning and Oliver Spencer have done a magnificent job on vocals. Steve Maher is magnificent! It takes imagination and foresight to come up with a concept such as this and be able to back it up with the expertise and style Steve Maher has attained with "Mandelbrot. Simply breathtaking.

The three tracks I set aside are:

1 - Warmonger
Warmonger is an impressive track with a great hook. Strong lyrics which are exceptionally well written. Not only does it make a point but it does it with great style and finesse. The orchestration and instrumentation is beyond all expectations. The vocals on this track are sumptuous and rich. This is a kick ass track in any one's language. Listen carefully to the back up vocals in this track, they are very well organized and blend beautifully with the flow of the main vocals. This is brilliant!

2 - Red Soul
Red Soul is hypnotic and completely addictive. Such fantastic orchestration and instrumentation! The strong vocal style and effects challenge belief. Such a tremendous effort, far exceeding any expectations you may have had. Red Soul is one of those songs that mark the times in your life. The production on this track is one for the books. Fantastic!

3 - Sandbox/The Hub
Sandbox/The Hub is where the concept began. This is a remix of the original Sandbox track on the first album. This version shows not only the strength of the concept growth but indeed the Artists evolution since the first Sandbox track was made. The level of songwriting and vocals are off the wall good. This is a two part song, Sandbox melds with The Hub beautifully. This isn't just a song, this is a complete journey. Absolutely stellar instrumentation and orchestration. The production, mixing, mastering and recording will amaze you with its level of expertise.
I love this track.

Sandbox Theory - Mandelbrot has my attention and it will win yours. This entire album is one for the books and is definitely one of this years favorite albums. A must for your musical libraries babies. As Steve Maher says, not for the faint of heart. I, however disagree. This is a brilliant album. Each song has a life of its own and you will be won over. It will take no prisoners.  Check it out yourself my lovelies.  Don't forget to check out the first Sandbox Album as well. Grab your albums today, Christmas is coming so what a great gift idea. To buy your physical Cd's email:

That's How I See It
                                                 Shashona McCall
                                                  Indie Showcase
                                            indieshowcase.net

Yours in the music
Shashona - Indie Showcase Senior DJ
               Co Owner of www.awesomeradio.net
indieshowcase.net
http://www.facebook.com/Wendy.S.McCall
http://www.myspace.com/shashonaslodge
http://twitter.com/IndiShowcase
Pages: [1]