November 01, 2014, 06:05:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Indie Showcase :: The home of The Indie Artists.
No.1 for Indie Artists.

Home Schedule Listen Now Chatroom   Forum   Help Search Calendar Media Podcasts Contact Us Login Register  
Live Chat   Tune in: Listen w/ Realplayer Listen w/ Media Player Listen w/ Winamp Listen w/ Quicktime  Current DJ: Awesome Radio: The Indie Blues Revue (WARNING! May Contain Adult Content!) Streaming at: 96 kbps  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael J Scott - Emotional - Review  (Read 903 times)
Shashona
Its all about getting the music out there!
Administrator

Australia Australia

Indie Showcase & Awesomeradio.net ROCKS

View Profile WWW
Michael J Scott - Emotional - Review
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:23:41 PM »

Michael J Scott - Emotional

www.reverbnation.com/michaelsongwriter
 www.myspace.com/michaelsongwriter
www.facebook.com/#!/michaeljscottofficial
www.facebook.com/michaelsongwriter
 www.open.spotify.com/album/577ALrj73GWM2NK37AiTXV
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/emotional/id511884267

Genre: Rock, Soft Rock, Ballads & R&B
Album: Emotional
Band: Michael J Scott
Released: 2011
Label: Silk & Denim Music, Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Lyrics Written By: Michael J Scott & Neil Barlow
 Carla Gonzales & Michael J Scott - As Long As Your Mine
Linnea Utterstrom & Michael J Scott - Earth Spirit

Mixed & Produced: Michael J Scott
except:
"I'll Be There" Produced & Instrumentation by: Gareth Young, UK
 "Coming Home" Produced & Instrumentation by Thomas Ahlstrand, Sweden. Guitar by Tommy Denander.

Emotional Track List:
 1 - Falling
 2 - Coming Home
 3 - Dreamer
 4 - Guiding Light
 5 - I'll Be There (Extra choir in chorus sung by Linda Luspa, Sweden)
 6 - A New Beginning
 7 - As Long As Your Mine (Carla Gonzales sings second verse)
 8 - Earth Spirit
 9 - Memories
10 - Those Moments
11 - My Horizon
12 - Bridge Of Stone

The long awaited album "Emotional" by Michael J Scott has hit the floor running. This is an incredible album, crossing through genres like Rock, Pop, R&B and Ballads with ease. Michael J Scott's vocals are rich with emotion and depth that will leave you in awe. His talent shines through gloriously. Not since the days of the 70's and 80's, has there been such an addictive album.

Michael J Scott has a powerful and charismatic voice that marries with these strong lyrics beautifully. The songwriting shown on these tracks are exceptional. The songs have a life of their own, taking the listeners on a musical journey without even packing their bags. Each track on "Emotional" has been well thought out and positioned within the album perfectly. It gives the listeners a full bodied experience and one not to be missed. Michael J Scott has the ability to rock you superbly, then melt your heart all on the same album. This man can do it all.

The instrumentation presented on "Emotional" is impressive indeed. Michael J Scott has done almost all the instrumentation on the album himself which says a lot for this talented man. He is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Michael J Scott is a triple threat! A brilliant songwriter, musician and vocalist, he has raised the bar for musicians everywhere. Nothing can hold this man back. He has even produced and mixed all but 2 tracks on "Emotional".  Such a stellar job! This entire album is pure Joy.

The 3 tracks I have singled out are:

Falling:  
Lord, hold me back! What a fabulous rock ballad!! This song had my attention from the get go. Michael J Scott's vocals are sexy! Instrumentation will blow you away. This has to be one of my all time favorite rock ballads!

Earth Spirit:
This track is beautifully written. It has a strong emotional connection with all who hear it. Michael J Scott nails the vocals perfectly! This song has a wonderful message and addictive, hypnotizing orchestration. Absolutely delightful.

Dreamer:
This song shows Michael J Scott's sexy vocals in an upbeat pop style. It begins with an electric guitar which moves into an acoustic guitar, then blooms into a full bodied toe tapping song. The Lyrics are delicious, which Michael J Scott nails like only he can. The instrumentation is top notch. A real winner!!

I know I normally choose just 3 tracks to single out but Michael J Scott makes this impossible! So I also choose:

I'll Be There
I included this is my 3 because it is absolutely gorgeous! The lyrics are exceptional, rich and sensuous. This is an upbeat track offering hope and love. This song should be every one's mantra! Strong message comes wrapped up in superior instrumentation and production. I loved the backup vocals by Linda Luspa as well. This is a brilliant song!

Also -  A New Beginning
This is a beautifully written and executed rock ballad. Michael J Scott raises the hair on your arms with his powerful vocal style. Instrumentation is glorious, making this one a fast favorite.

Michael J Scott - Emotional is a magnificent album. From cover to cover, it is filled with tracks that will hold your attention. No small feat! The entire album is beautifully put together. Michael J Scott has it all going on babies! He has put forth an album to be proud of. This Ladies & Gentlemen, is THE album to add to your musical libraries!. Grab yours today, don't miss out! You can find Michael J Scott - Emotional at http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/emotional/id511884267

That's How I See It
                                                                         Shashona McCall
                                                                     indieshowcase.net
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:54:50 PM by Rogue » Logged

Yours in the music
Shashona - Indie Showcase Senior DJ
               Co Owner of www.awesomeradio.net
indieshowcase.net
http://www.facebook.com/Wendy.S.McCall
http://www.myspace.com/shashonaslodge
http://twitter.com/IndiShowcase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: